If you have a fairly large lawn that is full of obstacles and features and are looking for an easier, more time efficient way of maintaining it you should consider getting a zero turn mower. The Snapper 150Z series offers two models that are extremely high quality. They bring many professional grade features to the table, whilst still remaining compact in size. Zero turn mowers allow you to do a 360 degree spin on the spot, so you can cut every piece of grass on your lawn without having to go over each area five times from different angles.
Snapper 150Z Review – Series Features
- Cutting Deck –There’s two different deck sizes to choose from – you can go with a smaller 33 inches or the bigger 42 inches. Which one you choose will obviously depend on the size of your garden. Neither size hogs space though and they are both easy to store.
- Powerful Engines – Whichever model you choose, you’ll be using a Briggs and Stratton engine, which have a great reputation. They don’t disappoint and you have enough power to deal with reasonable size hills. You have the choice of either a 18.5-gross hp engine or a 21-gross hp engine.
- Strong Frame – These models both feature cast iron axles and a solidly constructed frame that will stand up to heavy use. When buying a Snapper 150Z series mower, expect it to last for many years to come.
- Easy To Use – The last thing you want is something so complicated it takes hours to learn how to use it. The whole point of zero turn mowers is that they save you time. Well with these mowers the controls are really easy to use and you won’t need extensive training on how to use them.
- Height Adjustment – Simple to use and quick to change height. One thing worth noting though is the maximum cutting height of 3.75 inches. This isn’t that high compared to other models and you won’t want to let your lawn get out of control otherwise these mowers could well have a hard time handling it.
- Twin Bag Collector System – This system is extremely efficient at collecting clippings and doesn’t miss many at all. In addition to this the bagging attachment is very easy to put on and take off the mower. Other accessories that can be used in conjunction with the mower are headlights, a mulch kit and a small cart.
The Bottom Line
With so many mowers available nowadays, it an be difficult to know which way to turn, which is why it can be helpful to really consider the main pros and cons.
The Snapper 150Z series contains two models which have been designed to a high standard and will definitely knock some time off what can be a tedious chore. In fact our only real criticism would be the small range of cutting heights, but this can be countered by mowing more frequently.