There are three different models in Kubota's T series and the T2080 is the middle of the range model. It's a fairly sizable lawn tractor and has a cutting deck of 42 inches, which is fairly substantial. If you have a large area of land to maintain then the T2080 could be worth taking a closer look at as it gives the versatility to not only cut your grass but to carry out other tasks too thanks to the wide range of accessories that can be used with it.
Kubota T2080 Review - Specifications
|Motor||20 HP GH710V|
|Deck Size||42 inches|
|Cutting Heights||1 - 4 inches|
|Weight||280 Kg (617 lbs)|
Kubota T2080 Review – Key Features
- Hydrostatic Transmission – To control this lawn tractor you only need to use a single pedal and don’t need to mess around changing gears. Instead your hands are used only for steering, so the chances of crashing or running over a flower bed are dramatically reduced.
- Flat Platform – As with the other models in this series, the operator platform is totally flat and has plenty of space to spread your legs out. This feature also makes it easier to get on and off the machine.
- Infinity Deck – Kubota provide this special piece of technology. You know how sometimes lawn mowers struggle to deal with grass that has been squashed by the front wheels. Well the infinity deck has been designed to solve that problem – and it works darn well too. The T2080 give a superb quality of cut.
- 3 in 1 Mower – That’s right you can side discharge, mulch or bag with the T2080.
- Cutting Heights– The cutting heights range from 1 to 4 inches which is not bad and they are really easy to change too. To change the height you simply need to use the dial located underneath your seat.
- Lift Lever – On the right hand side of the mower you’ll see a lever. What this lever does is lower and raise the mower’s cutting deck. It’s extremely easy to use.
- Comfortable Seat – The T2080 improves on the T1880 in the fact you get a deluxe seat which is extremely comfortable. If you are maintaining a large area of land and it’s going to take a while you may as well do it comfortably, right?
- Enlarged Rear Wheels – The wheels at the back of the mower are bigger and wider so that they provide you with as much traction and control as possible when you hit the turf.
The Bottom Line
When it all comes down to it, the following are what we consider to be the main pros and cons that apply to the Kubota T2080.
The Kubota T2080 provides you with a comfortable, versatile mowing experience. The hydro transmission and simplistic controls make it really easy to manoeuvre and the quality of build ensures that you will be using it for years to come.
Bill Samelko says
what type filter wrench is required to remove a kohler filter #12-050-01-s
I own the kubota t2080 lawn mower and you guys forgot to mention the shocks in the rear under the body! Also the trans axle does not lock bit other than that the performance is equal to or greater than the John deere x530 series (which I have operated several times also). If you air down the rear tires to 5 psi and the front to 10 you can get superior traction in ditches and a cushier ride. But yes it sadly does not have an hour meter (you have to buy one from kubota website
I have owned the t2080 for over six years and it was a huge disappointment as it needed constant maintenance, parts broke down easily, parts and service was very expensive, rear tires always lost air from week to week, after only 2 yrs. old needed belts, pulleys, deck bearings, and hydrostatic drive parts. Tractor was not abused and only used minimally during cutting months in northeast area of country. Was told by the dealer afterwards that they were built to a price point and Kubota put many cheaply made parts on these to get them competitive in market.
You need to update your reviews to include Kubota’s 2221 series. It has many features the others did not. I’ve owned at least tow other brands and found this to be the very best in terms of simplicity, riding comfort, and features. While it costs a little more than most other brands, I feel the extra expense is well worth it. This model is a gasoline fueled model and not to be confused with the diesel model which cost considerably more but is also four wheel drive. It is available in two different deck sizes with mulching, or catching as options. The seat is higher rendering a much better view of where the mowing deck is. And the turn radius is much smaller than most other mowers. The most convenient feature is the ability of keeping the mowing deck in operation while backing up. I absolutely love this mower.
Thanks for the suggestion, Butch. I’ll look into adding reviews on the 2221 Series. I’m glad you’ve had a good experience with yours!