There's no getting away from the fact that gas trimmers provide more power than any other type of trimmer. So if you regularly have to deal with difficult conditions they are ideal, and the Tanaka TCG22EASSLP is currently one of the top selling gas powered models available for purchase. Constructed from commercial grade components and backed by a massive 7 year consumer warranty, this model oozes class.
This model definitely isn't aimed at the homeowner who has a small yard to keep tidy. It would be overkill for that scenario, but if you have a fair sized area to cover or badly overgrown areas to combat, this trimmer could well be the one for you. There is no cord to restrict you in terms of distance and no battery to limit your run time - you go where you want, for however long you want with the Tanaka TCG22EASSLP. On top of that you have a tool that can also be used to trim back bushes, which is a lot quicker than doing it manually.
Here are the Benefits of the Tanaka TCG22EASSLP String Trimmer:
- The Tanaka TCG22EEASSLP isn’t the biggest trimmer out there, but boy does it pack a punch. That’s probably thanks to its commercial grade engine, which runs very smoothly and doesn’t vibrate too much (thanks to the special anti-vibration technology it uses), preventing your hands from becoming numb. This machine will devour anything that it comes across, allowing you to get the job done extremely efficiently.
- To perform as efficiently as possible, the line on a weed eater needs to be at the right length. As it cuts its way through whatever you throw at it, the line will get damaged and you will need to feed some more out (this model holds 13 feet – more than enough to keep you going for a long while). With this model you don’t have to do that manually though (which can be very time consuming) as it has a semi-automatic line dispenser. You just need to bump the head against the ground and it restores the line back to optimum length.
- Tanaka has dealt with one of the biggest complaints against gas powered trimmers very well – starting it. The stereotype of having to yank the starter cord until your arm falls off is definitely not appropriate with this model. The engine features Tanaka’s specially designed S-Start system, which makes starting it up a formality rather than a physical challenge. It always starts up within two pulls from cold, and one light pull (barely requires effort) when warm. This means you can stop and start as often as you like, without having to dread about firing it up again.
- The extended reach, straight shaft allows you to get into those hard to reach places without any additional effort on your part. This is perfect if you have some bushes or shrubs that you need to trim under.
- For a machine that offers this much power, it’s quite amazing how relatively light it is. Owing to the ergonomic design, light weight and vibration free operation, it is extremely comfortable to use.
Here are the Reported Disadvantages of the Tanaka TCG22EASSLP
- It’s particularly easy to accidentally knock the rocker style kill switch on the Tanaka TCG22EASSLP. It’s not positioned in a very good place and some people have commented on how they have been trimming and the machine has cut out on them, only to realize they’ve knocked the switch. This is more of an inconvenience than anything as it is super easy to start back up.
- You need to be careful that you don’t bump the head too often, as that is one way to get through your line very quickly. This is easily resolved though, and if you do find it is too heavy to avoid bumping it, purchase a shoulder strap to help you keep it steady.