Hitachi is a huge organization that offers many types of products across different sectors including outdoor power tools. The Hitachi CG22EABSLP is one of a handful of grass trimmers they offer, and packages a commercial grade engine into a residential trimmer. It is very similar to the Tanaka TCG22EASSLP (Hitachi actually own the Tanaka brand), but has a curved shaft as opposed to a straight one.
Backed by a massive 7 year consumer warranty (almost 4 times the industry standard), the Hitachi CG22EABSLP is ideal if you have a large yard or area of land to maintain and need a bit of power behind you to tackle tough conditions. This trimmer is designed with features (such as the lightweight frame and anti-vibration technology) that aim to make trimming over a longer period of time as comfortable as possible.
Here are the Benefits of the Hitachi CG22EABSLP String Trimmer:
- One of the main advantages of any gas powered string trimmer is the additional power you get, allowing you to deal with less than desirable conditions in your yard. Things get even better with the Hitachi CG22EABSLP as you get a high quality commercial grade engine that is very powerful and deals with dense areas of grass and weeds with ease. There’s no need to waste time trimming at ultra slow speed for fear of stalling; with this model you can tear right through practically anything.
- The S-Start feature that is built into this model offers you peace of mind and allows your body to stay injury free. I’m not sure how Hitachi has done it, but this trimmer starts up with the lightest of pulls, contradicting the typical stereotypes for all gas powered tools.
- This model has an extended reach, curved metal shaft. The extra length you have at your disposal helps you to get to those harder to reach areas in your garden and the curved aspect gives you a different perspective when trimming. It makes it easier on your neck and very easy to hold, giving you a clear, comfortable view of the work you are carrying out.
- This Hitachi CG22EABSLP uses .095 line (which is a lot more durable than the standard 0.65 line for residential trimmers) and has a semi-automatic line dispenser that feeds out more line with a simple tap of the trimmer head on the ground. This means you can get on with the task at hand without having to fiddle around with the line.
Here are the Reported disadvantages of the Hitachi CG22EABSLP:
- Whilst the Hitachi CG22EABSLP is lightweight for a gas powered trimmer, some users have commented that over an extended period it can start to feel a little heavy, and would recommend making use of a shoulder strap in this situation.
- Care needs to be taken with the line dispenser, as accidental bumping can see you burn through the spool of line pretty quickly.