Goplus doesn’t exactly specialize in yard equipment. In fact, this is the only lawn mower they offer at present. But even so, the Goplus 14-inch electric mower has been well received and is well worth taking a look at if you have a small lawn that you're looking to maintain. Its appearance might not make you think that this should be a serious contender – it looks more toy-like than fearsome grass cutting machine – but there's more to it than meets the eye. We scoured the web to conduct our research and in this Goplus 14-inch mower review, we’re going to talk about its main pros and cons, as well as touch on who it may be a good fit for.
Goplus 14-Inch 12 Amp Lawn Mower Review - Specifications
|Cutting Width||14 inches|
|Cutting Options||Rear Bag Collection|
|Cutting Heights||1 - 2.2 inches (3 Settings)|
|Dimensions||15.5 x 43.5 x 37 inches|
Goplus 14-Inch Electric Mower Pros: What Consumers Like About This Mower?
- Good Power to Size Ratio – The first thing to take note of (and it’s in the title, so you should have already…) is that this is a small, compact mower offering a narrow 14-inch cutting width. But it’s equipped with a 12 amp motor, and that my friend, is a frikin awesome power to size ratio. So the power it has is concentrated over a smaller area, and you guessed it, that really helps when it comes to cutting performance. There are quite a number of similar models on the market that are larger and have a weaker motor, so this is a definite plus.
- Does a Decent Job Cutting – Now that we’ve just explained that the Goplus 14-inch mower packs some solid power, it probably won’t come as too much of a surprise that we found plenty of folks that raved about the cut that it provides. Just remember though that this mower simply isn't designed for "rough and tumble" and won't be the right choice if you intend to constantly put it to work on long, overgrown grass. It is reported to do well on the odd thicker patch of grass, but long, thick grass or weeds puts a lot of strain on any mower, and if this is what you expect it to handle all the time, you run the risk of burning out the motor on this mower. It does just great on regular lawn maintenance though.
- Value for Money – There’s nothing like feeling like you got a good deal. And that’s what a lot of people who buy the Goplus 14-inch mower end up saying. It represents an affordable way to take care of your lawn, and you get everything you’ll ever need for basic maintenance.
- Lightweight and Easy to Manage – This is one of the lightest electric mowers we’ve ever seen on the market, which makes it super easy to maneuver around your lawn. Turning it is also very straightforward, with no heavy weight to wrestle control of. So if you have trees, landscaping features or flowerbeds to weave your way around, this will be easy with this model. The light weight is also great if you suffer from things like a bad back, as it doesn’t put a lot of pressure on your body.
- No-Headache Assembly – It's a basic mower so there's really not much to putting it together, and most people have it assembled in less than 10 minutes. The only part that might take a bit of patience is snapping the two-piece plastic grass catcher together.
- Simple to Clean and Store – There’s very little maintenance involved with owning and operating the Goplus 14-inch lawn mower. You may need to change the blade periodically, but other than that you just need to give the unit a wipe down after each use, particularly the underside.
Goplus 14-Inch Electric Mower Cons: What People Complain About
- Build Quality Quite Cheap – This is the first thing you’ll probably notice when you first see the Goplus mower; it's pretty much all plastic. That's how they keep the whole thing so lightweight, but the trade-off is that it's unlikely to be long-lasting, and we wouldn't recommend you get this if you're quite demanding on your mowers (that they go up and down steep slopes, likely to bump into things like rocks, trees stumps, etc). The way we look at it though is that even if it just lasts a couple of seasons, it's still very cheap mowing.
- Not Built to Bulldoze Through Tall Grass – The power this mower provides is certainly very decent, but as we mentioned earlier, you shouldn’t expect too much of it. After all, it’s a basic mower that’s just designed for someone that regularly mows a small yard and keeps their grass to a manageable length. So move onto a different model if you need something that is going to steamroll right through the most trying of conditions.
- Old Style Cutting Height Adjustment – This is something that I personally find disappointing to see on any mower these days, simply because it makes your life a little bit harder. But it's not the end of the world, and I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a deal-breaker. While the majority of lawn mowers (outside of the push reel category) these days feature a lever that instantly raises and lowers the cutting height on all 4 wheels, with this mower you have to take off the wheels and put them back on one at a time to change the height.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Goplus 14-Inch Electric Mower
How long is the warranty?
You get a standard one year warranty on the Goplus 14-inch mower.
Is the blade made out of metal or plastic?
It is fitted with a metal blade.
Does it come with the extension cable?
No, you'll need to purchase one separately if you don't already have one that is suitable.
The Bottom Line
You've read about both the pros and cons of the Goplus 14-inch mower. Now we're going to talk about exactly who we think it's for.
Leave It on the Shelf
Goplus 14-Inch Electric Mower Review Conclusion:
The Goplus 14-Inch Electric Mower might look like a toy, but it's little 14-inch frame packs some nice power and it does a real good job for basic lawn maintenance. Don't expect it to last as long as grandpa's old reel mower did, but it's a good solid option for the money you have to part with.
Leave a Reply