The Flymo Easi Glide 330VX forms parts of Flymo’s hover mower range and is aimed at the small to medium sized family lawn. It is extremely similar to the 300V model, just it has a slightly more powerful motor and a larger cutting deck. It’s an extremely efficient mower and as you will read below it has soooo much going for it. We are going to show you the pros and cons and after that you will probably want one, be warned!
Flymo Easi Glide 330VX Review - Specifications
|Model||Easi Glide 330VX|
|Deck Size||33 cm|
|Cutting Modes||Integrated Grass Collection System|
|Height Adjustment Type||Spacers|
|Cutting Heights||12 - 32 mm|
|Number of Cutting Heights||4|
|Grass Box Capacity||20 litres|
|Cable Included?||Yes, 12 m|
|Extra Features||Vision Window - to see when grass box is full|
|Dimensions||69 cm(H) x 40.5 cm(W) x 135 cm(L)|
Flymo Easi Glide 330VX Review – Key Features
- Build Quality – When you are using this mower it really does feel pretty sturdy. We now live in an age where it seems manufacturers purposely build things which have weaknesses so that they have to be replaced a couple of years down the line. The Flymo Easi Glide 330VX really feels as though it will last longer than that though which is obviously a plus. In general we really like the design of this mower but it doesn’t lend itself well to cleaning. There are lots of little grooves and some of the corners are difficult to get into. It is important to try and clean it as best you can though as a build up of dried grass clippings can affect hover mowers pretty severely.
- Quality metal blade – We cannot stress enough how important a metal blade is to the quality of cut. Not only is the cut cleaner but a metal blade will last longer too. Just think how hard it is to cut paper with plastic scissors. Real hard, right? So much easier with metal scissors of course and this principal can be applied to your mower cutting grass. A metal blade just gives a cleaner cut.
- Good Grass Box Capacity – This capacity is not MASSIVE but it’s perfect for a small garden. Combine this with the fact that these mowers compact the clippings really well and you can easily fit enough clippings into it without having to stop every 2 minutes.
- Easy storage – The handle folds over the top of the mower and basically halves the storage space you need which is great if your shed is cramped like mine! I’ve got so much stuff in there that I probably don’t even need and it’s packed full. In that kind of situation any feature that reduces the size of the mower is welcomed!
- Real easy to use – You won’t need a degree to figure this one out. It will take you literally 2 minutes to learn how to use this thing! Plug it in, push in the circular starter button and then pull back one of the triggers (either one, it doesn’t matter). That’s it! I bet you wish everything was that easy.
- Really lightweight – For a mower with a 33cm cutting width this mower is really lightweight and that has several obvious benefits. Primarily it allows the mower to glide well and in turn this makes it so easy to push which takes all of the work out of the job. It also makes this mower really easy to pick up and transport to the shed, garage or car.
- Quiet – It’s nice when you can go outside, turn on a lawn mower and hear yourself think. Wouldn’t you say? Well with this mower you will be able to do just that.
- Excellent value for money – For the performance the Flymo Easi Glide 330VX gives, it is really not that expensive. Just look at it as an investment and you’ll soon be able to see that for what you get, it’s a very good investment.
Flymo Easi Glide 330VX Review – Assembly
It’s already assembled which is a great timesaver. You don’t need to go messing around with confusing assembly diagrams or nut and bolts. You just need to take a knife, un-box this mower and you’re ready to go. Great for those DIY haters out there.
Flymo Easi Glide 330VX Review – Performance
- Cutting Ability – After using this mower the grass looked neat and tidy. You don’t get that putting green finish but you get a finish which is more than adequate for the average homeowner.
- Grass Collection – It’s pretty efficient at vacuuming the loose clippings up. They are deposited in the grass box which is inside the mower’s body. Some of the clippings do get blown out at the rear of the mower. This is pretty common with Flymo hover mowers and usually you’ll just have to make another pass to clean up whatever “spillage” there has been. Emptying the grass box is so simple. The box is actually positioned inside the main body of the mower which is a very efficient use of space. You just flip the cover up and pull the box out, empty the clippings and reload the box. You also get a handy little vision window at the rear of the mower so you can glance down whilst you’re mowing and check how full it is getting.
- Manoeuvrability – Flymo have got the ratio between the weight of this mower and the power of the motor provides absolutely spot on. As a result its glides really well. This makes the whole job just so much easier on your body as it just floats across your lawn and you basically just follow it and guide it in the right direction.
The Bottom Line
Here we're going to sum up the mains pros and cons we believe apply to this lawn mower.
The Flymo Easi Glide 330VX comes highly recommended by us. It ticks all of the boxes and the faults we found are very picky. You get a brilliant balance between performance and price with this mower. It cuts well, collects well, has a solid construction and moves EXTREMELY well. You sometimes get hover mowers which are either too light and tend to bounce along the lawn giving an uneven cut, or those which are too heavy and can’t float properly. The Flymo Easi Glide 330VX gets the balance between power and weight PERFECT. Top marks for Flymo on this model.