The Flymo Easi Glide 300 is one of the newer models in Flymo’s hover range. It’s a pretty basic mower but has all of the features you need to take good care of a small to medium sized lawn. It is a hover mower but it is one of the ones which collect the clippings too which is a nice feature. In this review you’ll be able to get a feel of what this mower can do for you, the advantages, disadvantages and who it’s suitable for. Hopefully after all that you’ll really know whether it’s for YOU.
Flymo Easi Glide 300 Review - Specifications
|Model||Easi Glide 300|
|Deck Size||30 cm|
|Cutting Modes||Integrated Grass Collection System|
|Height Adjustment Type||Spacers|
|Cutting Heights||12 - 32 mm|
|Number of Cutting Heights||4|
|Grass Box Capacity||20 litres|
|Cable Included?||Yes, 10 m|
Flymo Easi Glide 300 Review – Key Features
- Quality Motor – The 1300 watt motor you have got on the mower is pretty powerful in relation to the size and weight of the mower. This allows it to glide really well across your lawn, making pushing it a pleasure rather than a pain.
- Easy To Use – As we mentioned earlier this mower is pretty basic so there’s not a whole lot to learn. To turn it on you just plug it in, push the starter button in and then squeeze either one of the triggers (doesn’t matter which one). That’s all the technical know-how you need to operate this mower as after that you just push it where you want to cut. To shut it off you just release the trigger. Simple stuff!
- Lightweight – Its only 8.5kgs which is great if you aren’t build for lugging heavy loads around. It’s easy to push whilst in use, its light enough to carry to and from the lawn and its light enough to make storing it easy. Triple bonus!
- Grass Box – OK, so on this model you’ve got one of those grass boxes which is stored within the main housing of the mower. This is great in terms of keeping the mower compact, as it doesn’t have a grass box hanging off the back end of the mower. The box itself has a 20 litre capacity which is fine for a smaller garden and not too bad for a medium sized lawn if you are prepared to empty it a few times mid-mow. There is a handy vision window too, so you can see when the grass box is getting full. With this mower you need to empty the grass box promptly once it’s filled up as the mower will just scatter any extra additional clippings across your lawn if you don’t!
- Quiet (for a hover) – Let’s face it, hovers are always pretty noisy in comparison with standard electric rotary mowers but this one isn’t too bad at all. Not silent obviously, but the noise it produces isn’t a nuisance either.
- Easy height adjustment – Like pretty much all of the Flymo range, the Flymo Easi Glide 300 uses spacers to alter the cutting height setting. To change it all you need to do it flip the mower over (make sure it’s unplugged of course). Remove the blade (be careful though as the blade is sharp), insert how many spacers you want and then reattach the blade. It’s easy to do and just takes a few minutes before you start.
- Adequate cable length – You get 12 metres of cable with this mower which is actually pretty decent compared to some of the similar mowers on offer at the moment, as many of them only have 10 metres of cable. I am sure for many of you that extra 2 metres will come in real handy!
- Easy to store – The combination of the compact design and the folding handle means you’ve got yourself a mower with a very small storage footprint. If space is at a premium then the Flymo Easi Glide 300V will help you out.
- Good value for money – For the price we think this it is very good value. Even if it lasts you 3 or 4 seasons that’s incredibly cheap lawn maintenance! Try hiring someone to cut your lawn; you’ll pay that in just a couple of months during the summer.
Flymo Easi Glide 300 Review – Assembly
You might not enjoy mowing the lawn and the thought of having to mess around assembling your mower before you even start is not a nice one. Well with this mower you can get stuck into the task straight away as it comes assembled for you. Unpack and get mowing!
Flymo Easi Glide 300 Review – Performance
- Cutting Ability – The fact that the cutting height range only goes up to 32mm tells the story I think. This mower is not built to be combating those overgrown, out of controls lawns that aren’t cut for months on end. No, it’s designed for regular use. It works perfectly with the “little and often” approach! Stick to this advice and you’ll get a satisfactory cut – but don’t expect Wembley stripes.
- Grass Collection – We are not going to lie to you. Some of the clippings do blow out, maybe 10-15% of them. But if you can find us a hover mower that doesn’t drop some of the clippings then let us know! It’s well known that generally hover mowers aren’t as efficient at grass collection as other types of mowers. Having said that this one does do a pretty good job, just we wanted to let you know in advance that it will drop some clippings. But as long as you empty the grass collection box as soon as it gets full you will be able to keep this to a minimum.
- Manoeuvrability – As we mentioned earlier, the combination of the light weight of this mower and the relatively powerful motor means it floats across the garden. The great thing about a hover is the fact that the range of motion is not restricted, so you can push this mower in any direction you want.
The Bottom Line
We're getting down to the nitty gritty now, and here are what we think are the main pros and cons for this mower.
This is a great choice if you are in need of a cheap, efficient lawn mower for your small or medium sized lawn. It does all the basics well and is easy to use, easy to transport and takes up very little room. Basically it’s a trouble free solution to the green stuff which grows in the garden! The fact that it’s so light also makes it suitable for both men and women and people of pretty much all ages. With this mower no one will get out of mowing the grass!!