Trimming and edging the grass around your property is not a task most people look forward to and with some tools it can seem to take forever. Bending over for hours just to get your lawns looking beautiful isn't the way Black & Decker would have you go about the task though. They are an industry leader when it comes to outdoor tools, using their vast experience and knowledge to design tools that are both efficient and easy to use, and the Black & Decker NST2118 is just one of the string trimmers they offer. In fact in terms of their cordless models, consumers around the world have enjoyed using it so much that it is currently Black & Decker's best selling model.
The Black & Decker NST2118 is ideal for those homeowners that have areas in their yard that the mower's cutting radius can't quite reach, providing you with the flexibility to ensure all areas are kept well maintained. The cleverly designed Groom"N"Edge cutting head Black & Decker have implemented also allows you to take care of edging with the same tool. But perhaps the most interesting feature that has sparked interest amongst many gardeners is the inclusion of two batteries - separating this model from many of its rivals.
Here are the Benefits of the Black & Decker NST2118 String Trimmer:
- The Black & Decker NST2118 uses an 18-volt NiCad battery as its power source and you actually get two batteries with the unit. This allows you to get more edging/trimming done as when the first battery runs out of charge you can simply replace it with the other one and carry on. The fact that these batteries are removable is a great benefit too as they can be charged up at any power outlet in your home or garage.
- There’s no need to go out and buy a separate edger when you own the GrassHog either, as in a few seconds you can rotate the cutting head 180 degrees and be neatly edging your lawn. This saves you both time and money as: a) you don’t need to waste time changing tools, and b) you don’t need to spend your hard earned cash on an edger – as you’ve already got one!
- The lightweight ergonomic design and the adjustable handle ensure that you can go about your business without putting unnecessary strain on your body. The length of the handle can be customized to the person using it, so there’s no more hunching over and getting backache if you are particularly tall. The angle of the auxiliary handle can also be adjusted to a position that is most comfortable for you.
- The automatic feed system works particularly well on this model and minimizes the amount of downtime you experience during the job, allowing you to get the job done faster so you can get back to family, friends or whatever else you’d rather be doing. The line doesn’t break that easy (more common when edging) either and when it comes to changing the line spool there’s nothing to worry about as the cartridges are really easy to reload.
Here’s the Reported Disadvantages of the Black & Decker NST2118
- Some gardeners have not been thrilled with the battery run time they get. The NiCad batteries used in this model aren’t as efficient as lithium-ion batteries in terms of recharge time or run time, but they are significantly cheaper – keeping the overall cost of the unit down. Overgrown grass and weeds require more energy to get through and as a result the battery run time will suffer if used in these conditions. It is possible to get approximately 20 minutes of run time with each battery but you have to keep on top of your lawn maintenance.