Have you been wondering if Toro supply electric lawn mowers? Meet the Toro 20360, the e-cycler. This is Toro’s green option. If you’re searching for an eco-friendly mower but still want to stick with Toro then this is your solution.Perhaps you’re a bit worried this electric mower won’t live up to the high standards they set with their gas powered mowers and you need some reassurance? Well we have picked this model apart from top to bottom for you and have put it all together in this review for you.
Toro 20360 Review - Specifications
|Motor||36 Vault/12 Amp|
|Deck Size||20 inches|
|Cutting Modes||3-in-1: Rear Bag, Mulch or Side Discharge (Optional)|
|Cutting Heights||1 - 4 inches|
Toro 20360 Review – Key Features
- Compact Design – Normally on electric mowers you get a 2 layered plastic deck that is just so bulky. Here Toro have implemented one of their sturdy metal decks into the design and as a result the whole mower is more compact and this allows you to cut closer to fences, borders and features. The metal deck also gives the mower a more solid feel on the whole.
- Plenty of Power – This mower runs off 36 Volts which gives you enough power to produce a good quality of cut and also an effective mulching ability.
- Large Cutting Deck – You get a nice sized 20” cutting deck here which is large enough to reduce your mowing time as you need to make less passes to get the whole way around your yard.
- Good Range of Cutting Heights – If your lawn occasionally gets overgrown then this definitely comes in handy. You get a cutting range of 1”-4” with the E-cycler which is definitely adequate for most situations. But you will have to adjust the height of each wheel individually. Some people actually prefer this but we personally find it slightly annoying and there are definitely some better height adjustment systems out there.
- Wheel Positioning – The way the wheels are positioned on the design helps you to get as close as possible to borders and features. It’s a combination of the wheel placement and the compact deck which make this possible.
- Easy to Start – For a lot of people cutting the grass is a chore, something they just want to get out of the way and forget about it. The last thing you want is a lawn mower which is hard to start. The beauty about the E-cycler is you just push a handle and away you go. When you start it up you’ll wonder why you would ever choose a pull start mower. The way the handle is laid out, you have to have your right hand on the start switch all the time to keep it turned on. You will not be able to control it using just your left hand.
- Comfy Grip – You want to work comfortably, right? Well with the thick foam style rubber the handle is coated in you will definitely be comfy. The handle is a nice height too.
- Plenty of Run Time – This is a problem with a lot of cordless electric lawn mowers. You seem to have to charge them forever and then they only last 20 minutes. Well you won’t have that problem with the Toro 20360. You should get at least 1 – 1.5 hours of run time here, which should be enough to mow most lawns. It also re-charges quickly, so you won’t be waiting for a month to do your next cut. It is not a quick release battery which means you will only ever be able to mow for as long as the battery inside the mower runs for. Then you will have to stop and re-charge. This is only a problem if you plan to use this mower on extremely large yards, as you most probably won’t be able to cut it all on the same day. Also, You can’t actually see how much charge is left.
- Grass Bag – It’s a bit small which is a bit of an inconvenience because it means you can fit less clippings into one bag, so you will need to empty it more often depending on the size of your yard. This obviously means more breaks in mowing and a longer overall mowing time.
- Cheap to Run – It takes very little electricity to re-charge the battery and obviously there’s no trips to the gas station to make – those days are long gone with the Toro 20360.
- Smell the Fresh Air – Instead of inhaling toxic gas fumes, you will be breathing in fresh air. This thing is as odour free as it gets.
- Low Maintenance – All you will have to do is keep the blade sharp and charge the battery.
Toro 20360 Review – Performance
- Cutting & Mulching Ability – Unlike a lot of electric powered mowers, the E-cycler has a metal cutting deck. This really helps it to cut well and is definitely the reason why it mulches so well. The E-cycler produces tiny clippings because of the way it cuts the clippings multiple times .There’s no clumping and you can even shred leaves and any other debris you might encounter on your yard.
- Manoeuvrability – Toro claim that this is one of the lightest cordless electric mowers out there. But we don’t exactly agree. There are a fair few out there which are lighter. And because you don’t have a self propel feature on this model, the weight (77lbs) can make life difficult if you want to use it on hills and slopes. And because of this weight we wouldn’t recommend this mower for the elderly, as you could find it really tough going.
- Noise Levels – It is quiet when running. This is a general advantage of most electric lawn mowers – they are significantly quieter than any gas mower you could buy.
Toro 20360 Review – Pros
- Cuts & Mulches really well
- Quiet when running
- Compact design
- Cuts close to edges
- Good sized cutting deck
- Doesn’t pollute
- Really cheap to power
- Good battery life
- Good selection of cutting heights
- Starts up easy
- Comfy handle
- Easy to maintain
Toro 20360 Review – Cons
- Pretty heavy
- Doesn’t store vertically
- Have to adjust wheels individually
- Grass bag on the small side
- Battery is not removable
- No battery gauge
Toro 20360 Review – Conclusion
We think that this is a very competitively priced cordless electric mower. It’s one of the more powerful ones available and has more watt hours than any of the other options. You will get a good flat out mowing performance with the E-cycler. It’s very simple to operate and has a nice looking design. We would defiantly recommend it for any yard up to 10,000 square feet. We have picked out some drawbacks as you can see, but none of them really affect the mowing performance, so if you can accept these drawbacks then go for it.You won’t be disappointed with the Toro 20360.Unfortunately this Model is No Longer Available, But Take a Look at the Other Great Lawn Mower Deals