The Flymo Venturer 32 is an option for you if you’ve got a small garden. It is one of the Flymo models that has wheels, so if you prefer wheeled rotary mowers over the hover mowers then it may be worth your while reading this review.The features which it has are all pretty basic but they are more than adequate for mowing a small lawn. It collects the grass in a rear grass box which has a 29 litre capacity and you get a nice solid, metal blade to cut the grass with.Probably the standout feature though is the rear roller which is a nice addition for a mower in this price range. As you will read below, this mower definitely ticks a lot of boxes.
Flymo Venturer 32 Review - Specifications
|Deck Size||32 cm|
|Cutting Modes||Rear Bagging System|
|Height Adjustment Type||Wheel Adjustment|
|Cutting Heights||20 - 60 mm|
|Number of Cutting Heights||3|
|Grass Box Capacity||29 litres|
|Cable Included?||Yes, 10 m|
|Extra Features||Rear Roller|
Flymo Venturer 32 Review – Key Features
- Design – The design of the Flymo Venturer 32 is pretty compact which means you can get into the harder to reach areas and it’s also a great characteristic when you come to storing the mower because it takes up hardly any space. Especially with the folding handle.Just unscrew the wing caps, fold the handle over and you’ve got a lawn mower with a very small storage footprint. In general it’s not a very robust mower though and the plastics which have been used to construct it are a bit flimsy, so you wouldn’t want to be reckless with this mower!
- Metal Blade – Always a nice touch when one of these cheaper electric rotary motors has a metal blade instead of a plastic one. The metal ones are just a different class. They are stronger, last longer and give a better cut.
- Wheels – The wheels make this mower extremely easy to push along, even over bumpy, uneven ground. If you’ve had a hover mower in the past and found it tough going then this could be worth a shot as the wheels move effortlessly over the grass.
- Easy Height Adjustment – There are 3 different height settings which range from 20mm up to 60mm and these are easy to adjust. All you need to do is adjust the height of the wheels. The easiest way is to push up on the wheels, rather than pull on the metal rod which you will be able to see.
- Lightweight – At 9kg’s it is not the lightest electric rotary mower out there but it’s still pretty light. Certainly light enough for pretty much anyone to push with ease.
- Grass Box – For a small garden mower, 29 litres is more than enough space in the grass box. In fact that is a very generous allocation. More mowing + less time spent emptying the grass box = an efficient job done.
- Easy To Use– You don’t get all of the mod-cons on this mower. For this price you really shouldn’t expect them either. You get the basics. And the basics are VERY easy to use.
- Rear Roller – As well as producing stripes, the rear roller also has another pretty useful function. It allows you to cut along the borders of your lawn with ease, as it stabilises the machine. The fact that the blades’ cutting width extends right up to the wheel position means you get a real close cut along edges.
- Value For Money – As you can see from the list of points above there are a great number of things which this mower has and for the price you pay, you can’t really go too far wrong.
Flymo Venturer 32 Review – Performance
- Cutting Ability – This mower does a great job. It copes well with longer grass, damp grass and leaves a very nice even finish.
- Grass Collection – This mower does a great job at collecting all of those loose grass clippings. In fact in this respect it performs as well as any of the models in the Flymo range. You won’t be disappointed with the Flymo Venturer 32 in terms of grass collection.When we came to emptying the grass box after it had filled up, the handle came off. This is obviously not something you expect or want to have to deal with but if you fasten the handle on with a couple of self tapping screws you should be sorted.
- Lawn Stripes – The rear roller you get on this mower is a great additional feature for a mower at this price range. The mower isn’t really heavy enough to leave those proper Wembley stripes, but it does leave a stripe effect of sorts which does look pretty aesthetically pleasing!
Flymo Venturer 32 Review – Pros
- Does a great job cutting the grass
- Striped effect
- Cuts along edges well
- Metal blade
- Lightweight and manoeuvrable
- Compact design
- Stores well
- Easy to push
- Easy to adjust height
- Collects clippings well
- Decent grass box capacity
- Easy to use
- Value for money mowing
Flymo Venturer 32 Review – Cons
- Grass box assembly is fiddly
- Grass box pretty flimsy
- Not very sturdy construction
Flymo Venturer 32 Review – Conclusion
The Flymo Venturer 32 is a decent standard mower which is an ideal solution to maintaining a small family garden. All of its characteristics make it pretty much suitable for any individual to use. And as you can see from the list above, this mower has a hell of a lot of things going for it.Granted it does have a couple of minor faults, but we can safely say that the pros far outweigh the cons with this particular mower. Oh and that rear roller is a great bonus too. Just adds that little bit of class to your lawn which will make your neighbours “green” with envy.Unfortunately this Model is No Longer Available, But Take a Look at the Other Great Lawn Mower Deals