The Flymo Rollermo is extremely similar to the Flymo Venturer 32 (which we have also reviewed) but is just a bit lighter. So if you’ve already looked at the Venturer 32 and liked the look of it but thought it was a tad on the heavy side, then the Rollermo is a good alternative.With a powerful 1000 watt motor and a metal blade this mower is ideal for keeping your grass to a reasonable length. The 29 litre rear grass box ensures that after you’ve finished mowing, your garden will be nice and clean and there’s even a rear roller which is a nice addition for a mower in this price range. Carry on reading to find out all the pros and cons we found for this mower.
Flymo Rollermo Review - Specifications
|Deck Size||32 cm|
|Cutting Modes||Rear Bagging System|
|Height Adjustment Type||Wheel Adjustment|
|Cutting Heights||20 - 60 mm|
|Number of Cutting Heights||3|
|Grass Box Capacity||29 litres|
|Cable Included?||Yes, 10 m|
|Extra Features||Rear Roller|
Flymo Rollermo Review – Key Features
- Construction – As the mower is so light weight, it is obviously not going to be the most robust mower you could ever wish to buy, so you do have to take care of it. Don’t go trying the mow over stones or anything like that as it will more than likely crack the mowers deck.
- Motor – This mower has a 1000 watt motor, which in relation to the size and weight of the mower is pretty impressive and this definitely helps in terms of cutting ability.
- Small and compact design – This is an advantage if you’ve got tight corners in your lawn or a lot of obstacles as this mower is ideal in those situations.
- Cutting Heights – This is not the easiest mechanism to adjust and requires you to pull against some springs, which are pretty stiff, and then move the axle over one of the lugs (which are the different height settings). It does take a bit of strength to do this and some people might find it a bit tricky until they get the hang of it.
- Carry Handle – There’s a handle integrated onto the top of the Flymo Rollermo which makes it easy to pick up. And remember its only 8.1 kg’s too, which should be manageable for most people.
- Good size grass box – The grass box on this mower isn’t the best but having said that you really can’t complain about the capacity you get. 29 litres is ample for a small lawn and still ok for a medium lawn really (providing you are prepared to empty it a couple of times mid-mow).Some people find it easy to assemble it whilst others struggle for an hour before they get it done. The grass box is shipped in two halves and you have to clip them together. But the plastic which is used is quite flexible and it’s difficult to get the clip points all lined up and clipped into place.
- Rear Roller – This is really the cherry on the cake in terms of features this mower offers. Its helps you get close to the edges but it also produces those nice looking stripes. It obviously doesn’t produce them to the same standard as a cylinder mower, but nevertheless the effect it produces is very easy on the eyes.
- Power Cord – 10 metres is a pretty standard length for a Flymo but you really could do with an extra couple of metres. It’s ok for a small garden but if you wanted to take on a medium sized lawn with this mower you might find yourself needing an extension cable.
- Easy to use – There’s really not much to using the Flymo Rollermo. Once she’s all set up you just plug her into your power point, push in the start button and pull back one of the triggers onto the handle. You will hear the motor start up and then you’re all set.Then just guide the mower up and down your lawn, moving away from the power point as you go and you’ll have the job done in no time. There’s not really a lot with this mower that could get you confused.
- Easy to store – This mower has folding handles which is a pretty standard feature these days, but it’s also a handy one as it really does minimize the space the mower takes up in storage. All you need to do is loosen the orange nuts you find half way up the handle and then fold the top of it over. Simplicity produces practicality in this case!
- Easy to clean – Just turn it over and give it a quick wipe out after each mower and this mower will continue to perform at its best for you for a long time.
- Good value for money – For the features you get on this mower and its level of performance the price tag is extremely generous. For a small lawn this is a very cost effective way of maintaining it.
Flymo Rollermo Review – Performance
- Cutting Ability – This is obviously the most important aspect of the review, as it’s the reason you want to buy a lawn mower in the first place! Well you won’t be disappointed here. With the Flymo Rollermo you get a nice clean, even cut which anyone would be happy with.The 1000W motor and the metal blade combo definitely help in this respect. We wouldn’t recommend you try to scythe cornfields down with this model, but it does deal with slightly overgrown grass admirably. It also cuts to the edges well which is great as it means you probably won’t have to get the edger out post-mo, which obviously saves you time.The rear roller stabilises the mower when you get to edges so you can get those rogue grass blades cut. To be honest this mower did produce a lot more noise than expected though. I mean, usually electric mowers are on the quiet side but the noise this one produces is pretty noticeable. Of course this doesn’t have any impact on its performance, it’s just more of an inconvenience than anything.
- Grass Collection – It’s a solid performer on this front. It’s does a good job at collecting the grass clippings. As with any mower in this kind of price bracket it does leak a few, but it’s not a substantial amount. It’s also real easy to detach the grass box and empty it and then re-attach it.I am sure it’s pretty re-assuring that you are not going to have to wrestle with this mower when it comes time to empty the grass box! When the grass box fills up it can tend to tip up the front wheels though, because the mower is pretty light in general so you will have to stabilise the mower a bit more yourself when your grass box is getting full.
- Manoeuvrability – It only weighs 8.1 kg’s, which is less than half the weight of my pet Springer spaniel! You won’t need to be a contender for world’s strongest man to push this around your lawn. It’s nice and manoeuvrable for pretty much all ages.
Flymo Rollermo Review – Conclusion
The Flymo Rollermo combines several nice features to bring you an easy to use, cost efficient lawn mowing solution suited best to small gardens.Granted, there are a few little niggles which we found with this mower. But they are all things which don’t actually affect the grass cutting performance of the mower.The real meat and potatoes here (cutting performance and grass collection) are top quality which is the most important thing. As long as you take good care of it this mower will serve as a loyal accomplice on your lawn mowing shifts!Guaranteed Best Price on Amazon