The MM575 is another one of Black & Decker’s corded offerings. It’s a step up from both the LM175 and the MM275 in terms of power but still has the same basic design. Primarily it is a mulching mower but you do have the option to bag or side discharge if you prefer. Although in order to bag you will have to buy the side bag attachment as it doesn’t come with the mower. Again we should mention that it’s really reasonably priced so if you are on a budget that’s not a problem.
Black & Decker MM575 Review - Specifications
|Manufacturer||Black & Decker|
|Deck Size||18 inches|
|Cutting Modes||Mulch, Discharge or Bag (Optional)|
|Height Adjustment Type||Single Lever|
|Cutting Heights||1 - 3.5 inches|
Black & Decker MM575 Review – Key Features
- Motor – The major difference between this model and the MM275 is the increase in the power of the motor. Instead of a 9 amp motor you have a 12 amp motor. This extra power will help you in thicker or longer areas of grass.Although you have to be sensible here, we are not saying that the extra 3 amps will allow you to scythe through foot long grass. No, we are saying that it will cope better with slightly overgrown lawns than the MM275.
- Cutting Deck – You have got the standard 18 inch cutting deck, which cuts a sufficient amount of grass on each pass to get your lawn cut fairly quickly. At the same time the deck size is compact enough for you to get into small, hard to reach areas.
- 3-in1 – It is a 3-in1 mower, so you can mulch, side discharge or bag. Although if you want to bag your clippings you need to buy the bag as we just mentioned above. This is ideal if you sometimes prefer to mulch and other times prefer to bag.
- Easy height adjustment – It’s really easy to change the cutting height. The height settings range from 1 inch to 3.5 inches and all you have to do to adjust it is push one lever.
- Requires very little maintenance – This really is a beauty of a benefit. This saves you time and money. All you need to do is keep the blade sharp and keep the underside of the mower clean and clear and this mower will keep running like a champ.Also because it’s so light it’s easy to turn over and give it a good clean. We would also recommend you spray some non-stick spray onto the bottom of the mower before you start because it will make cleaning even easier.
- Easy to use – It doesn’t take much figuring out to use this mower. The features on it are fairly basic as it’s only designed for tending to an average sized domestic yard.
- Protecting our environment – This thing produces zero harmful emissions.
- Little vibration – Using a mower which produces loads of vibration is certainly not good for your health. We have found that the MM575 produces very little vibration although the fact that the handle has no padding does make it slightly uncomfortable. It’s a good idea to wear gloves.
Black & Decker MM575 Review – Performance
- Cutting Ability – If your primary intention is to mulch your clippings then the MM575 won’t let you down. It does this process extremely well and provides your lawn with some nutrient rich mulch which is sure to help achieve a better looking yard. It also eliminates the need for you to bag your clippings.
- Manoeuvrability – At 41 lbs it’s not like this thing weighs a ton. In fact it barely weighs anything and because of that its light enough for pretty much anyone to push around a yard. Its weight allows you to push the mower with one hand and then manage the cord with the other.
- Noise Level – You can actually have a conversation while this machine is running. So that should give you some idea of the noise level. If you’ve ever had a gas mower you’ll realise how quiet it must be if you can have a conversation.
Black & Decker MM575 Review – Pros
- Real easy to use
- Very little maintenance needed
- Runs very quietly
- Eco friendly
- Manoeuvres well
- Cuts and mulches well
- Changing cutting height is a breeze
- 12 amp motor
- 3-in1 cutting options
Black & Decker MM575 Review – Cons
- Optional side bagger has a very small capacity
- Handle has no padding and is slightly uncomfortable
Black & Decker MM575 Review – Conclusion
If you’re in the market for something to maintain a regular sized lawn then this a good fit. It can do it all: mulch, bag or discharge and let me tell you it mulches really well. You’ve also got the benefits of not really having to do much in terms of maintenance or cleaning so pretty much the only time you will spend with the mower is when you are cutting your lawn. This is just the way it should be. Efficient and affordable.Unfortunately this Model is No Longer Available, But Take a Look at the Other Great Lawn Mower Deals